NEVERMIND: Receiving PowerShell Direct error message, but I'm not connecting...

My desktop was insane. Ran in the latest updates, restarted, and all was fine. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

I’m stumped. I am connecting to any remote physical server with Invoke-Command within an AD domain using an Enterprise Admin, but I’m receiving an error message which seems to be associated with PowerShell Direct and I can’t figure out how to troubleshoot. Is there a debug mode? The messages in the server’s event log aren’t helpful (not even sure if they are related to my connection activity). -Debug and -Verbose produce no output. Test-WSMan NOT_A_VM produces normal output. I can connect from the server back to my desktop, but I can’t make a connection from my desktop to any server. Running Windows 10 and Windows Server 2019 or Windows Server 2016.

PS C:\Users\matt> Invoke-Command -ComputerName NOT_A_VM -ScriptBlock { C:\Windows\System32\whoami.exe } -Credential admin@matt.com
An error has occurred which Windows PowerShell cannot handle. A remote session might have ended.
+ CategoryInfo : OpenError: (NOT_A_VM:String) [], PSRemotingData StructureException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : PSSessionStateBroken

Do a Get-PSSession and see are there any existing session targeting same computer. If so clear it up.