Need help viewing licensed users who dont use licenses

Is there a powershell way to view users who have e3 licenses but no active 365 pro plus installs? I have over 5k users and know I can probably move 1k of them to e1 licenses but i dont want to open 5k accounts to view installs.

As per MS…
Redirecting

See also:
microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=36852

You could try this, if the file is on the user system, then an install happened.

use ospp.vbs script…
Open a command prompt and type one of the following commands, depending on your versions of Windows and Office:

If the 32-bit version of Office 365 ProPlus is installed on the 32-bit version of Windows:
cscript.exe "%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Office\Office15"ospp.vbs /dstatus

If the 32-bit version of Office 365 ProPlus is installed on the 64-bit version of Windows:
cscript.exe "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Microsoft Office\Office15"ospp.vbs /dstatus

If the 64-bit version of Office 365 ProPlus is installed on the 64-bit version of Windows:
cscript.exe "%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Office\Office15"ospp.vbs /dstatus

Or , you can try this.
Create a script to enumerate all machines in you enterprise which are office targets.

Running the following…

reg query HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\Identity\IdToAuthorityUrlMapping

Should result to this…

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\Identity\IdToAuthorityUrlMapping.…

Then do this…

Get-ItemProperty “HKCU:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\Identity\IdToAuthorityUrlMapping.…”

AuthorityUrl : Sign in to your account
EmailAddress : username@mydomain.com
PSPath : Microsoft.PowerShell.Core\Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\Identity\IdToAuthorityUrlMapping.…
PSParentPath : Microsoft.PowerShell.Core\Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\Identity\IdToAuthorityUrlMapping
PSChildName : …
PSDrive : HKCU

PSProvider : Microsoft.PowerShell.Core\Registry

Grab the computer name inline with this Reg check, thus leading to a potential automated way to report of which machines are using which installs for office.
Of course this is not a thing if the device is not domain joined. Think, mobile, tablets, etc…