Need help in installing Windows Feature

Hello, I am trying to install Windows Feature, but it is not Available when I enter Get-Help Feature. It says that I need to update my Help, but that fails and I get the error below. I someone can help me update my help I possibly can get the command to be able to install Windows Features. Thanks much.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TJ19apMFjyKwakUH3SIU2uJHq9WPcYWY/view?usp=sharing

If this link does not work is there a way to upload the PS error to my question? I see where there is an insert image, but that does not allow me to browse to the image.

Have you tried to search for it online? I’d search for “Powershell Install Windows Feature

Simply post the text of the error message formatted as code.

Can I ask you this: I am in the section of the book I am using to learn PS that is Working with PS Modules. These appear to be all the Modules I have on my Windows 10 machine:

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> get-module

ModuleType Version Name ExportedCommands

Script 1.0.0.0 ISE {Get-IseSnippet, Import-IseSnippet, New-IseSnippet}
Manifest 3.1.0.0 Microsoft.PowerShell.Management {Add-Computer, Add-Content, Checkpoint-Computer, Clear…
Manifest 3.1.0.0 Microsoft.PowerShell.Utility {Add-Member, Add-Type, Clear-Variable, Compare-Object…}

Do I need to update my PS library to include Install -WindowsFeature so it will be there when I enter Get-Help “feature?” I did search the web and it talks about installing Roles and Features on Windows 2012 servers.

Thanks for your reply.

Features are Windows Server OS components with a module supplementing Server Manager, not Windows client components (e.g. Windows 10).

Two things here,

When using Get-Help , PowerShell will suggest to update help regardless on what you are executing Get-Help cmdlet, in this case “feature”. When executing Get-Help against all modules (default), it can fail for few for many reasons.

With, Get-Help “feature” should return any cmdlet which has feature in the name, so the initial suggestion that you got to update help is not related to availability of Feature cmdlet. By default Win 10 should have *-WindowsOptional feature cmdlets which is part of DISM module.

Hi Rob, I thought I could run through these commands even though I was just working on Windows 10, but maybe not. I do have a Windows Server 2012 R2 computer. So, these features would be available on that? Thank you for your assistance.

Hi Kvprasoon, I do have -WindowsOptional feature. I guess I can experiment with what I have to hopefully learn something. Thank you for your response.