move a VM to another subnet - Update-AzureVM : BadRequest: The virtual network I

Hi, I am following instructions on moving an existing VM in Azure to a Different Subnet as indicated at the url

After adding my account, selecting scription and do Get-AzureVM, I get the following error

[blockquote]Update-AzureVM : BadRequest: The virtual network ID cannot be null or empty.
At line:1 char:7

• $vm | Update-AzureVM
  •   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• CategoryInfo : CloseError: [:] [Update-AzureVM], CloudException
    • FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.WindowsAzure.Commands.ServiceManagement.IaaS.UpdateAzureVMCommand [/blockquote]

The command

[blockquote]Get-AzureVM –ServiceName TestVMCloud –Name TestVM | Set-AzureSubnet –SubnetNames Subnet-2 | Update-AzureVM
[/blockquote]
has no parameter “Virtual network ID”, so what is missing here?

was using variables when getting the mentioned error like this

[blockquote]Get-AzureVM-ServiceName $cloudServiceName -Name $vmName | Set-AzureSubnet -SubnetNames $subnetname | Update-AzureVM
[/blockquote]
I replaced the variables with there values as follows (without quotes as suggested)

[blockquote]Get-AzureVM -ServiceName myservice -Name MyAVM2 | Set-AzureSubnet -SubnetNames mysubnet | Update-AzureVM
[/blockquote]
it did not work, I also tried using quotes

[blockquote]Get-AzureVM -ServiceName ‘myservice’ -Name ‘MyAVM2’ | Set-AzureSubnet -SubnetNames ‘mysubnet’ | Update-AzureVM [/blockquote]

I opened a thread on MS forums, they request to open a ticket and my subscription is an MSDN related subscription which has no technical support

Thanks

Are you sure the subnet you are referencing is correct? It looks like there is a Get-AzureVnetSite cmdlet that lists the available subnets, so can you do Get-AzureVnetSite -VnetName mysubnet and access the subnet? My guess is that Set-AzureSubnet is doing a similar look up and cannot find the subnet with that name, so it’s null.

Dear Rob, executing only Get-AzureVnetSite or Get-AzureVnetSite -VNetName myNetwork
[blockquote]AddressSpacePrefixes : {10.0.1.0/24}
AffinityGroup :
DnsServers : {salammain}
GatewayProfile : Small
GatewaySites : {}
Id : *****************
InUse : False
Label :
Name : salam****************k
State : Created
Subnets : {Subnet-1, GatewaySubnet}
OperationDescription : Get-AzureVNetSite
OperationId : 540d9a6a-3515-a147-b0e6-e725e4e65a9a
OperationStatus : Succeeded
[/blockquote]
So I have a subnet named “Subnet-1”

when I run
Get-AzureVnetSite -VNetName Subnet-1 or
Get-AzureVnetSite -VNetName ‘Subnet-1’ or “Get-AzureVnetSite -VNetName Subnet-1”

I get
Get-AzureVNetSite : There were not enough free threads in the ThreadPool to complete the operation.

Thanks again