Module Install Issues from PowershellGallery

Has anyone been experiencing issues installing modules from PSGallery?

I was installing modules on my new work computer and kept getting error messages indicating the either the source location was invalid.

For trying to install the VMware.PowerCLI module, I get this error message:

PS C:\Users\michael.valdes> install-module VMware.PowerCli
WARNING: Source Location 'https://www.powershellgallery.com/api/v2/package/VMware.VimAutomation.Sdk/11.0.0.10334495' is not valid.
PackageManagement\Install-Package : Package 'VMware.VimAutomation.Sdk' failed to download.
At C:\program files\powershell\6\Modules\PowerShellGet\PSModule.psm1:9491 char:21
+ ... $null = PackageManagement\Install-Package @PSBoundParameters
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : ResourceUnavailable: (C:\Users\michae....10334495.nupkg:String) [Install-Package], Exception
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : PackageFailedInstallOrDownload,Microsoft.PowerShell.PackageManagement.Cmdlets.InstallPackage

For the MSOnline module on Windows Powershell 5.1 I was getting this error message:

PS C:\Windows\system32> Install-Module MSOnline -Force
WARNING: Source Location 'https://www.powershellgallery.com/api/v2/package/MSOnline/1.1.183.17' is not valid.
PackageManagement\Install-Package : Package 'MSOnline' failed to download.
At C:\Program Files\WindowsPowerShell\Modules\PowerShellGet\1.0.0.1\PSModule.psm1:1809 char:21
+ ... $null = PackageManagement\Install-Package @PSBoundParameters
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : ResourceUnavailable: (C:\Users\michae...\MSOnline.nupkg:String) [Install-Package], Excep
tion
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : PackageFailedInstallOrDownload,Microsoft.PowerShell.PackageManagement.Cmdlets.InstallPac
kage

I tried removing removing the repository from my PS configuration by issuing a:

Unregister-PSRepository -Name PSGallery

followed by a

Register-PSRepository -Default

but when I attempt to install the modules again I get the same errors.

For now I just copied the modules from another computer and placed them in my local module paths. I just thought those errors were weird since I have never seen them before.

What is the version of PowerShellGet you are using.

Get-Module -ListAvailable -Name PowerShellGet

Here you go. Thanks!

PS C:\Windows\system32> Get-Module -ListAvailable -Name PowershellGet | FL

Name : PowerShellGet
Path : C:\Program Files\WindowsPowerShell\Modules\PowerShellGet\1.0.0.1\PowerShellGet.psd1
Description : PowerShell module with commands for discovering, installing, updating and publishing the
PowerShell artifacts like Modules, DSC Resources, Role Capabilities and Scripts.
ModuleType : Script
Version : 1.0.0.1
NestedModules : {}
ExportedFunctions : {Install-Module, Find-Module, Save-Module, Update-Module...}
ExportedCmdlets :
ExportedVariables :
ExportedAliases : {inmo, fimo, upmo, pumo}