Ldap groups using power shell script

I want to fetch all the groups present in Ldap .Any one have idea about it?

@Neha_Sirohi Welcome to PowerShell.org forums.

Do you have any code that you can share, which gives you error or issue. I have found a code snippet online which might help you. I don’t have systems to test this at this point.

$Searcher = New-Object DirectoryServices.DirectorySearcher
$Searcher.SearchRoot = 'LDAP://CN=Users,DC=example,DC=com' # give proper OU path to search here
$Searcher.Filter = '(&(objectCategory=group))'
$Searcher.FinadAll()

Got a typo here sir.

$Searcher.FindAll()
1 Like

I’m trying in the same way .

$MTauthenticationType = [System.DirectoryServices.AuthenticationTypes]::ServerBind
$MTobjSearcherRoot = New-Object System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry("LDAP://… " , $MTauthenticationType)
$MTobjSearcher = New-Object System.DirectoryServices.DirectorySearcher($MTobjSearcherRoot)
$MTobjSearcher.ClientTimeout = New-Object System.TimeSpan(0, 0, 61, 0, 0);

$MTobjSearcher.Filter = ‘cn=group_name’
$MTresult = $MTobjSearcher.FindAll().Properties
Write-Host $MTresult

I got the result when i’m trying to filter with one group name.

Just out of curiousity - is there a special reason why you’re not using the AD cmdlets provided with the RSAT tools? In the simplest case it would be single command then …

Get-ADGroup -Filter *

You may read the help for the cmdlet to learn more about it:

And BTW: When you post code, sample data, console output or error messages please format it as code using the preformatted text button ( </> ). Simply place your cursor on an empty line, click the button and paste your code.

Thanks in advance

How to format code in PowerShell.org <---- Click :point_up_2:t4: :wink:

I tried to use this but its a build in function.
Those are common from ldap and AD, but what about groups in LDAP but not in sync with AD, I need to fetch those too.

ADgroup which have built in filters.