how to manipulate Libraries for windows explorer

Can anyone provide some sample powershell code for using the IShellLibrary? I need to create and modify Libraries in a Windows 7 / powershell 3 environment, and there seems to be no convenient way to do it.

I’ve pursued 3 searches to dead ends.
[ol]There was previously a WindowsAPICodePack hosted by Microsoft. It’s gone. Versions have appeared elsewhere that claim to be copies, including github, but I can’t justify downloading and running these things in my corporate environment unless it comes directly from Microsoft itself.[/ol]
[ol]There is the Codeplex library that seems to simplify everything into a tidy solution. Unfortunately, it includes .dll downloads that I also can’t justify in my corporate environment, because hosted by Codeplex isn’t the same thing as published by Microsoft.[/ol]
[ol]There is the possibility of using C# inline code, but I haven’t been able to wrap my head around it after an hour or poking at it. A sample of working code would help me figure out the rest that I need.[/ol]

Or… if there’s some new solution that I haven’t stumbled across, I’d be a happy camper to learn that too. :slight_smile:

The docs suggest you’re not supposed to necessarily link IShellLibrary directly, but are supposed to build a wrapper around it, which you can’t really do in straight PowerShell.

The docs suggest you’re not supposed to necessarily link IShellLibrary directly, but are supposed to build a wrapper around it, which you can’t really do in straight PowerShell.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders possibly manipulating the registry for it, after creating a sample library you could easily replicate that with a PowerShell script.