How to get owner and group name with only path for dish folder

Hello,

I wonder if it is possible to get the name of the security group that is associated with a given path in network folders, e.g. N: \ DLSI \ Exmaple. Additionally, am I able to obtain the owner of this particular security group?

Bartekb93,
Welcome to the forum. :wave:t4:

I wonder if you at least tried to find the answers by yourself at first. :wink:

Please keep in mind that this forum is for scripting questions rather than script requests. We do not write customized and ready to use scripts or solutions on request.

We actually expect you to make an own attempt at the first place to get your task done or to solve your problem. If you have done so already please document here what exactly you have done and show your code. Then we probably might be able to help you step further.

I start with this:

Get-ChildItem C:\Shared -recurse | ForEach-Object {Get-Acl $_.FullName} | Export-CSV C:\Users\bartek\Documents\FolderPermissions.csv

… and? … did it work? … if not, what happened? … if it did, you seem to be unsatisfied anyway - why?

Please keep in mind - we cannot see your screen and we cannot read you mind. Try to provide at least as much information to enable the people willing to help you to actually help you. We’re all doing this in our spare time. So try not to make it harder than necessary.

Thanks in advance.

And please … When you post code, sample data, console output or error messages please format it as code using the preformatted text button ( </> ). Simply place your cursor on an empty line, click the button and paste your code.

Thanks in advance

How to format code in PowerShell.org <---- Click :point_up_2:t4: :wink: