How do I set Powershell cmdlet versions

I’m developing a module for some inhouse processes, and I’ve followed ‘best practices’ etc… I’ve created my .psd1 file (no ps1xml yet)… but then I run get-command -module none of the cmdlets have any version numbers… they all just have 0.0 listed. I’ve been searching around, and I can’t seem to find any information on how to set these?
(example output with changed names)

PS C:\> Get-Command -Module MyModuleName

CommandType     Name                                               Version    Source       
-----------     ----                                               -------    ------       
Function        Invoke-MyFunction			                       0.0        MyModuleName 
Function        Export-MyInformation		                       0.0        MyModuleName 
Function        ConvertTo-MyOtherInfoType 		                   0.0        MyModuleName

Thanks,

David F.

You need a manifest file for the modules. psd1 the xml file is for formatting.

Version number of this module.

ModuleVersion = ‘1.0’

The best way to learn about a manifest file a drink the Mr. Jones Cool Aid and watch “Don Jones tool making video 1-3” on the powershell.org youtube channel. Plus purchase the book.

Thanks!

I had created the PSD1 file with New-ModuleManifest, but I must have missed the module version number. I will check the videos… Have multiple books of Don’s, took his combined class (completely worth it… best professional class I’ve taken).

David F.

I think Mr. Jones goes over the manifest and xml format stuff in video 3. You can also just go to powershellgallery.com and look at someones manifest under “File List”