Using the GUI in Windows server, I can add a new partition once new disks are physically added. Here is how the process goes without PowerShell:
- physically add a new disk to the server
- turn the server on and log in
- Go to Server Manager -> Computer Management -> Storage -> Disk Management.
- Right click “Disk 1” go to Online
- Right click “Disk 1” go to Initialize Disk
- Right click “Disk 1” go to New Simple partition …
I create the disk to have it appear as the F drive utilizing all possible space.
I want to do steps 3 through 6 in PowerShell. How do I do this?