Help with USB bitlocking Script:)

Hi

I am total new in this powershell world. I have the following problem, i need to be solved.

At my job we often have to format and bitlock multiple USB´s at once (10 pieces at once). It is one kind of hell when using the normal way through windows. Therefore i needed to use a script for it. After bitlocking i have to copy some kind of X material over on all the USB´s . It would be nice to automate this a bit more.

My Requirements:

1: Identify all connected USB drives
2: Format all identified USB drives
3: Bitlock all identified USB drives with predefined volumename and code via some kind of popupbox.
4: After all drives have been bitlocked, then point via some kind of popupbox to a “master” folder with X content, and copy all this to all the bitlocked USB´s

I found a very good guide here https://techblog.nhl-data.dk/2017/11/14/bitlocking-usb-sticks-with-a-fixed-password-from-powershell/

This script does the thing in some kind of way, but i want some more features - and i dont know how to ad this:(

All the best Jacob

Jacob,
Welcome to the forum. :wave:t4:

What kind of help do you expect? You didn’t even ask a question. :wink:

Please keep in mind … this forum is for scripting questions rather than script requests. We do not write customized and ready to use scripts or solutions on request.

We actually expect you to make an own attempt at the first place to get your task done or to solve your problem. If you have done so already please document here what exactly you have done and show your code. Then we probably might be able to help you step further.

Regardless of that - I am curious … whatfor do you need USB drives that often that it is worth to automate this task? And are those drives HDDs, SSDs or sticks? I used to think that the era of USB drives is over. :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.