Get password expiration date from variable

Hello,

I know how to find the expiration date of a aduser’s password.

That is…when we want this to know from all of the Ad users.

I am struggling to het it from Just a few users .

These users are in a Variabele like $users.samaccountname for instance.

I need to use $users to get the date there password expires , select their name and e-mail adress.

If you know the good way …

Appreciate IT…

I don’t know how $users was generated, but if it stores the output of Get-ADUser, there is a chance it does not have all of the properties required. That will require doing another Get-ADUser with the appropriate properties.

Starting a query from scratch, you could do something like the following:

$PasswordAge = 30 # arbitrary but substitute your own domain's password policy
$Users = Get-ADUser -Filter 'Enabled -eq $true -and PasswordNeverExpires -eq $false' -Properties Mail,PasswordLastSet |
    Select-Object Name,Mail,@{n='PasswordExpiration';e={$_.PasswordLastSet.AddDays($PasswordAge)}}

If you must start from an already populated $users and it does not contain password properties, you must query them again:

foreach ($user in $users) {
    Get-ADUser $user.SamAccountName -Properties Mail,PasswordLastSet |
        Select-Object Name,Mail,@{n='PasswordExpiration';e={$_.PasswordLastSet.AddDays($PasswordAge)}}
}

Of course, you can combine the two approaches. Performing a query for each user is going to take a long time if the user list is long. It may be more efficient to just query the domain again.

Reference the samaccountname as the identity:

$csv = @"
SamAccountName
Name1
Name2
Name3
"@ | ConvertFrom-Csv

$results = foreach ($user in $csv) {
    Get-ADUser -Identity $user.SamAccountName -Properties Name, Mail, AccountExpirationDate
}

$results