Get-Mailbox and Get-MailboxFolderStatistics

by mhenderson3123 at 2013-01-07 10:37:56

I’m using Exchange 2007 and would like to combine output from these two commands. The issue is when using the get-mailboxfolderstatics command to list folders the Identity also references the folder (i.e. testmjh\Test Folder). I’d like to be able to use the CSV file to suck the information into a SQL table and want to use just the alias, displayname, or SamAccountName as a column. Is there a way select several items from the Get-Mailbox command as well as the get-mailboxfolderstatistics command in a pipe in order to get content from both in one listing?
by DonJ at 2013-01-08 08:27:25
Not in a single pipeline, no. You would query the objects separately, store them in variables, and then create a new PSObject combining the desired properties from both. I frequently demo this with multiple WMI objects - see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLUzPvA0 … A&index=77, for example.
by mhenderson3123 at 2013-01-08 09:56:02
I looked at the various solutions which use a combination varaiable but was not successful in getting the desired list which combined the two. I ended up looking at this from a SQL standpoint and created a simple SQL query which updated the column in the table stripping anything to the right of the first :

Update [Table Name]
SET [Identity]= (Select LEFT(([Identity]) ,CHARINDEX('',([Identity]))-1 ))