Failover cluster module firewall port(s)

I am planning to manage multiple windows clusters from a mgmt system using the failover cluster module cmdlets on the mgmt system. The mgmt system is in a separate subnet from the clusters.

Do the failover cluster module cmdlets (get-cluster, get-clusternode, etc) utilize wsman and TCP/5985 would be the only port needed to be opened on a physical firewall between the subnets? This assumes winrm is enabled and the winrm windows firewall rule enabled on the cluster nodes.

Thanks

Based on errors I’ve seen in the past I believe the cluster cmdelts use RPC to communicate.

Get-Cluster : Check the spelling of the cluster name. Otherwise, there might be a problem with your network. Make sure
the cluster nodes are turned on and connected to the network or contact your network administrator.
    The RPC server is unavailable
At line:1 char:1
+ Get-Cluster -Name Cluster1
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : ConnectionError: (:) [Get-Cluster], ClusterCmdletException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : ClusterRpcConnection,Microsoft.FailoverClusters.PowerShell.GetClusterCommand

In this case the “The RPC server is unavailable” is what leads me to my conclusion.

Thanks for the reply. I believe you are right because - since posting this question - I set up a w2k8r2 cluster in a lab and without winrm enabled or the winrm fw rule enabled on the two cluster nodes, I was able to successfully run the cluster cmdlets from a remote system