john peters.csv

username      name
john peters   group1
john peters   group2

Steve jobs.csv

steve jobs   group5
steve jobs   group6

And so on…

The code I have so far will bring back the users and permissions in two columns. But I want them individually like above.

E.g.

username     name
steve jobs   group1
steve jobs   group2
bill gates   group1
bill gates   group2
bill gates   group3

Code so far:

Import-Csv C:\Users.csv |
  ForEach-Object -pv user { Get-AdUser -filter "displayname -eq '$($_.username)'"} |
    Get-ADprincipalGroupMembership |
      Select-Object @{ n = 'samaccountname'; e = { $user.samaccountname } }, name |
        Export-csv -path C:\UserPermiss.csv -NoTypeInformation

Any ideas on how to export the list of users & groups individually from 1 import file?

Cheers!

If i understand correctly your goal is to create many csv files as output, one per user with the groups listed?

You should use the Group-Object cmdlet to do this. I don’t have your exact case but i can give you a similar example with objects from Get-Process:

get-process | Group-Object Name |% {$_.Group | Export-CSV -Path "C:\temp\$($_.Name).csv" -NoTypeInformation}

This has two parts, the Group-Object will combine all elements with the same name into groups, then the |% (foreach) will loop through each group and pipe the contents of the group ($.Group) out to Export-CSV so you will get one csv per group. the name of the csv in my case included the name of the group $.Name.

ForEach-Object -pv user { Get-AdUser -filter "displayname -eq '$($_.username)'"} |
    Get-ADprincipalGroupMembership |
      Select-Object @{ n = 'samaccountname'; e = { $user.samaccountname } }, name | 
        Group-Object username |% { $_.Group |Export-csv -path C:\UserPermiss_$($_.Name).csv -NoTypeInformation }