Export-DhcpServer Error "DHCP 20016"

I am trying to figure out why I’m getting this error when I export-dhcpserver on a single server. There are two errors (both the same but different IP’s in two different scopes).

export-dhcpserver ".\test2.xml" -Leases
export-dhcpserver : Failed to get reservation for IPAddress XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX on DHCP server SERVER1. : The DHCP server
received a message from a client that is not valid. (20016)
    + CategoryInfo          : InvalidType: (XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:root/Microsoft/...erv4Reservation) [Export-DhcpServer], C
   imException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : DHCP 20016,Export-DhcpServer
export-dhcpserver : Failed to get reservation for IPAddress XXX.XXX.YYY.YYY on DHCP server SERVER1. : The DHCP server
received a message from a client that is not valid. (20016)
    + CategoryInfo          : InvalidType: (XXX.XXX.YYY.YYY:root/Microsoft/...erv4Reservation) [Export-DhcpServer], C
   imException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : DHCP 20016,Export-DhcpServer

The full error is

Failed to get reservation for IPAddress XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX on DHCP server SERVER1. : The DHCP server received a message from a client that is not valid. (20016)

The scopes mentioned do not have a lease or reservation that includes either of the IP addresses. I’m stymied as to what the problem really is.

Was the current server migrated from an older version of Windows that allowed you to add reservations for addresses that were outside the range of the configured scopes?

I don’t think so. It is a domain controller and the standard operating procedure here is to replace them. So, a database backup and restore would have been done when this server first went into production.

I scoured the GUI for clues and found the reconcile database option on the IPv4 scopes. I ran that, verified and the same two IP addresses came up for reconciliation. It now exports without error.

So, the issue was within the database that a reconciliation fixed.