Editing multiple users primary SMTP addresses

by Fader187 at 2012-08-24 18:06:06

Hi all,

Thanks for taking the time to read my first post!

As you may have guessed, I’m new to PowerShell so struggling my way through at the moment.

I have recently imported some mail-enabled users into AD by using a CSV file and PowerShell. My problem however though, is that their email addresses are showing up as FirstInitialLastName@domain.com where I actually need them to all have Primary SMTP entries in the format of FirstName.LastName@domain.com

I know why it is incorrect as for some really bizarre reason, AD pulls the details into the accounts that way (We need to have the usernames as FirstInitialLastname and the email addresses all need to be in the format FirstName.LastName@domain.com

I have the original CSV file still so if I need that to bulk modify the Primary SMTP’s for all the users then thats a start I guess!?!? :slight_smile:

Any help would of course be greatly appreciated.

Chris
by MikePfeiffer at 2012-08-27 12:40:48
You could certainly script that, but how about just modifying the E-mail Address Policy instead? It will do this for you automatically, and if you modify it to set the firstname.lastname format, you can re-apply it to the existing users. This would be much easier.
by jewrican at 2012-09-06 19:24:06
+1.

That is what i did. Since i am quite new and still learning PS, i used the EMC to do this but as we know anything you can do via EMC you can do via shell and 10 times more.