How to pull Primary SMPT from secondary SMTP

Hi

I have a list of user’s secondary SMTP and I am trying to find the Primary one based on that list.

This is my script which doesn’t work as expected.

get-aduser -Properties * | Where-Object $._proxyaddresses -Like (Get-Content C:\Temp\SMTP\list.txt) | ForEach-Object {

? {$_ -match ‘^smtp’} {

[pscustomobject]@{

name = $_.name

SMTPproxyaddresses = $addr

}

}

}

Any pointers would be highly appreciated.

Cheers, M

There is a lot going on there - but I checked and I have something from earlier this year I wrote for work with our office 365 migration - and here is a modified version below.

for efficiency you only want to get the users which are in your file - i used csv - but you can change the import-csv to get-content (and then change the get-aduser line)

foreach ($Item in Import-Csv c:\temp\users.csv)
{
	$user = Get-ADUser $($Item.user) -Properties proxyaddresses
	$primaySMTP = ( $user | Select-Object -ExpandProperty | Where-Object{ $_ -clike "SMTP:*" }).replace("SMTP:", "")
	[pscustomobject]@{
		"Name" = "$($user.name)"
		"SMTPProxyAddressses" = ($user.proxyaddresses) -join ";"
		"PrimarySMTP" = $primaySMTP
	}
}

Hi

The csv will contain only the users smtp address so proxyaddresses but smtp from which i want to pull the SMTP address.

Your script iterates on user which is not on the csv.

M

Hi

The csv will contain only the users smtp address so proxyaddresses but smtp from which i want to pull the SMTP address.

Your script iterates on user which is not on the csv.

M

Your script seems to be broken or incomplete.
From what I understood, you are trying to get all the users whose proxy addresses are in your list.

$SMTP = Get-Content -Path C:\Temp\SMTP\list.txt
Get-ADUser -Filter * -Properties * | Where-Object {$._proxyaddresses -in $SMTP} | ForEach-Object -Process {
#Do what you want
}

Note: Get-AdUser has identity as a default mandatory parameter, if you don’t have a specific identity but need all , you have to use -filter with *(wildcard) as value.

And you have to put your script between the pre tags for formatting when posting in the forum.