Detect todays file in a folder and send e-mail

I want to create a script that detects if there is a new file from with date today in different folders. Sends an email and attach the file to the email.
I have modified a script that check today’s files in a folder
and sends e-mail, but I have not yet successfully attached the file as a copy in the email.
Source: * source: Powershell check files today in a directory - Microsoft Q&A*

I’m happy if the script detects todays file in one folder.
If it’s not possible to attach the file to an e-mail (no e-mail client on server), then I’m happy if the script can attach the name of the file.
Really appreciate your answer.

Here´s the modified script:

$Directories = "E:\Test"

#$OtherDirectory = "E:\Test2"
#$TodaysDirectory = "E:\Test3"

$ThisDay = [datetime]::Today
 $OtherFiles = 0
 $TodaysFiles = 0
 Get-ChildItem $directories |
     ForEach-Object{
         if ($_.Length -eq 0 -and $_.CreationTime.Date -ne $ThisDay){  # What about non-zero length files?
             $OtherFiles++
         Copy-Item ...
         }
         #Kopierar dagens filer till Destination
         elseif($_.Length -eq 0 -and $_.CreationTime.Date -eq $ThisDay){  # What about non-zero length files?
             $TodaysFiles++
             Copy-Item "E:\Test\*.txt" -Destination "E:\Destination"
         }
     }

if (-not $TodaysFiles){
     Clear-Host
     $body = "No files are found from today, and $OtherFiles old files were found"
     Write-Host $body
     Send-MailMessage -To forename.aftername@domain.com -From server@domain.com -Subject "Something wrong" -Body $body -SmtpServer smtp.child.domain.com
 }
 elseif($OtherFiles){
     Clear-Host
     $body = "found $OtherFiles old files, and $TodaysFiles current files"
     Write-Host $body
     Send-MailMessage -To forename.aftername@domain.com  -From server@domain.com -Subject "Something wrong" -Body $body -SmtpServer smtp.child.domain.com 
 }
 else{
     Clear-Host
     $body = "$TodaysFiles are found from today, and $OtherFiles old files were also found"
     Write-Host $body
     Send-MailMessage -To forename.aftername@domain.com -From server@linkoping.se -Subject "Files from today" -Body $body -SmtpServer smtp.child.domain.com
 }

Problem solved in combination with this: