Alternate Color Displays Format Table Display Custom Objects

As I age my eyes are going. I have built a lot of functionality on associating the output displays of objects to keying in a row number to set an object create a variable, an example of this is selecting identifying log file. What I want to do is have the format table display alternate the background row display color. I can accomplish this but only for the default views of the objects type. For example, files display mode, length last write time and name. I have set the displays to show more details information like a calculated MB, GB full file name, I have objects across multiple servers ect. So how can I display these in output that colorizes the rows different or where I have custom objects like results of a CSV file. I have all names of important components loaded into CSV files. I am looking to colorize and format the output to have different colors and not be dependent on the default view of the object type?

Any ideas here?
Thanks
Chris

Check you this solution:

http://scriptolog.blogspot.com/2007/09/colorize-matching-output-in-pipeline.html

Check this out. It talks about it for email but could be used for outputting to csv as well.

Creating Colorful Emails with PowerShell - Petri