[Y] Yes [N] No [...] not working

Hello.

I try to change the execution policy in powershell as
administrator.
After I enter the comande to change the setting, they ask me to write and enter Y or N or A … for saying what I want.
I want to enter A for “Yes to all” but when when I type A and press enter, nothing happen. It’s the same for all possible answer exept the ? for Help.

I do not find someone with the same problem in google.

Lazare
Welcome to the forums.

What do you mean with

What did you expect? Did you check the execution policy after you changed it? You can do with

Get-ExecutionPolicy

If you’re not sure how a cmdlet works you should read the help. You should read it completely including the examples to learn how to use it.

If you read the help carefully until the end of it you will see what the usual output of this cmdlet is. :wink:

BTW: Most of the time it is not very helpful to post a picture of code or error messages. Instead you should post the text and format it as code with icon </> in the edit bar.

1 Like

Thank you for your answer.

Yes I did execute
Set-ExecutionPolicy
and
ALLSigned
once again and it say that deffault answer is (still) “N”

here is the copy paste of the text

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Set-ExecutionPolicy

cmdlet Set-ExecutionPolicy at command pipeline position 1
Supply values for the following parameters:
ExecutionPolicy: AllSigned

Execution Policy Change
The execution policy helps protect you from scripts that you do not trust. Changing the execution policy might expose
you to the security risks described in the about_Execution_Policies help topic at
https:/go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=135170. Do you want to change the execution policy?
[Y] Yes  [A] Yes to All  [N] No  [L] No to All  [S] Suspend  [?] Help (default is "N"): A
PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Set-ExecutionPolicy

cmdlet Set-ExecutionPolicy at command pipeline position 1
Supply values for the following parameters:
ExecutionPolicy: AllSigned

Execution Policy Change
The execution policy helps protect you from scripts that you do not trust. Changing the execution policy might expose
you to the security risks described in the about_Execution_Policies help topic at
https:/go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=135170. Do you want to change the execution policy?
[Y] Yes  [A] Yes to All  [N] No  [L] No to All  [S] Suspend  [?] Help (default is "N"):

I don’t have the time to read all the page in your link now, but may be later.

Thank you again.

Again … what do you expect to happen after you run the cmdlet?
And again … did you check the executionpolicy with Get-ExecutionPolicy after you set it?

And that will not change. Please read the help. It does not take hours.

1 Like

I found the solution to my problem with this tutorial witch is in french, but I’m french.

@lazare, it is great that you found the solution. Sadly, my 2 years of high-school and 1/3 year of college French (>60 years past) are not adequate for the excellent YouBoob video. It would be great if you explained the solution—just in case there is one or two other doofuses like me who can’t understand the vid.