xWebsite PhysicalPath not accepting network path

Hello,

I am having a hard time pointing the physical path of the website to a network path. Can this be done? Or does the physical path have to point to a local path?

Error:

VERBOSE: [ComputerName]: LCM: [ End Set ] [[xWebsite]WebsiteName] in 0.1090 seconds.
PowerShell DSC resource MSFT_xWebsite failed to execute Set-TargetResource functionality with error message: Failure to successfully create the
website "WebsiteName". Error: "Parameter 'PhysicalPath' should point to existing path.".
+ CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: (:) [], CimException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : ProviderOperationExecutionFailure
+ PSComputerName : ComputerName 

The website name and computer name have been changed. The physical path does exist, but pointing to a network location, not a local path.

There’s some validation in the resource that bombs for a UNC. If you get into the gitHub repo for that resource, I’m fairly sure it’s been logged as an issue before.

Thanks. It may be something else causing the issue, I was thinking it could be the double hop scenario as I cannot use a unc path using Powershell remoting. But, enabling CredSSP temporarily did not work. I can create the website using a unc path on the local server, but not remotely.