Write-Output Question(s)

Hi All still learning so bare with me here.

I am trying to test-path and if the results it true or false out to that to a text file.

Basically what I am wanting to be returned in the text file is the device name that the path was tested next to the response (true or false).

I am using this script to do the testing of the path:
$servers = get-content -path “C:\Temp\servers.txt”
$destination = “\$server\c$\Windows”
foreach ($server in $servers) {}

The following section checks to see if there is a TEMP folder on the server and if not, it creates one.

If(Test-Path -Path $destination) { “true” } Else { “false” } Write-Output Out-File -FilePath C:\Temp\testconnection.txt

When I check the testconnection.txt file there is no data shown. However on my PowerShell console I see the following

PS C:\Users\xxxxxxx> $servers = get-content -path “C:\Temp\servers.txt”
$destination = “\$server\c$\Windows”
foreach ($server in $servers) {}

The following section checks to see if there is a TEMP folder on the server and if not, it creates one.

If(Test-Path -Path $destination) { “true” } Else { “false” } Out-File -FilePath C:\Temp\testconnection.txt

##if(!(Test-Path -Path $destination )){
false

FYI there are 5 devices in the server.txt file to run the test-path on.

Can anyone tell me how to get the results of the test to be added to the testconnection.txt file?

I’m a little confused on what you are trying to do. You foreach loop has nothing in it {}. Are you wanting to check for the existence of a path on remote machines and putting the results in a txt file on your local machine? It seems like what you said, but the comments in your code mentioned creating a folder. Here is a basic script that checks for “C:\Windows\Temp” on remote machines, although if they are windows I would expect this to always be true. Maybe it will help. Otherwise, please clarify what you want to do.

Get-Content -Path $serverfile.FullName |
    Select-Object -Property @{n="Server";e={$_}},
                            @{n="Exists";e={Test-Path -Path "\\$_\C$\Windows\Temp"}} |
        Export-Csv -Path .\results.txt -NoTypeInformation