Veeam Cloudian Amazon S3 Buckets Query

Hi.

Hi everyone.

We use a Veeam solution for backups with an interface to Cloudian used for datas that are to remain immutable. Cloudian is S3 compatible.

The following script runs on the Veeam backup server and was working fine on Veeam 11. But since upgrading to Veeam 12, it no longer works.

$repos = Get-VBRObjectStorageRepository -Type AmazonS3Compatible
foreach ($repo in $repos) {
  $usedSpace = [Veeam.Backup.Core.CBackupRepository]::CalcArchiveRepositoryUsedSizeByIndices($repo.Id)
  $repo | select Name, Description, @{n='UsedSpace';e={$usedSpace/1TB}}
}

Now getting the following error:

Method invocation failed because [Veeam.Backup.Core.CBackupRepository] does not contain a method named 
'CalcArchiveRepositoryUsedSizeByIndices'.
At line:3 char:3
+   $usedSpace = [Veeam.Backup.Core.CBackupRepository]::CalcArchiveRepo ...
+   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : InvalidOperation: (:) [], RuntimeException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : MethodNotFound 

Obviously, something changed. Wondering if anyone has any information or suggestions.

Thank you.

Wouldn’t the Coudian website, documentation or a Cloudian related forum be the right place to ask this question?

Before coming here, I did post the question on those forums also.

OK … when you crosspost the same question at the same time to different forums you should at least post links to the other forums along with your question to avoid people willing to help you spending potentially a lot of effort in vain. :wink:

I am by no means an expert or familiar with using Veeam backup, however, their documentation seems to be a bit confusing. They state valid entries for Type do contain AmazonS3Compatible

However, their example references:

Get-VBRObjectStorageRepository -Type AmazonS3CompatibleService

Might be worth a shot if you have not already tried that.

Hi Tonyd

That’s the command I’m using. It returns an array of all S3 buckets with various information. The problem is extracting what I need; the number of bytes stored in each bucket.

I was using the .net framework on version 11 but after upgrading to 12, it no longer works.

I have cases open with both Veeam and Cloudian. I’ll post the solution here and in the other forums just in case someone runs into the same issue.

Thanks for your suggestion.

You may just post a link to the other forums, please. This way people willing to help you could even see the progress if there is some. :wink:

Sorry for my error, you posted this so that is what I thought you were using, and the Veeam documentation seems to reference both, with the second reference in their example below, so it seemed confusing and possibly a bug to me.

Get-VBRObjectStorageRepository -Type AmazonS3CompatibleService

Here is the link: v12 Method No Longer Works - R&D Forums

Thank you.

1 Like

The method was deleted in v12 of Veeam. There is a new method that may be used to get same results:

$Repos  = Get-VBRObjectStorageRepository -Type AmazonS3Compatible
$Repos | ForEach-Object {
	$usedTotal = [Veeam.Backup.Core.CArchiveRepository]::GetTotalUsedSize($_.Id)
	$repo | Select Name, Description, @{n='UsedSpace; e={$usedTotal/1TB}}
}
1 Like

Great that you’ve found a solution. :+1:t3: And thanks for sharing. :love_you_gesture:t3: :slightly_smiling_face: