Vbscript to powershell

how do i convert the below VB to powershell

i got below commands
gwmi win32_networkadapter -Filter ‘netconnectionid = “pwc lan port1”’ | select speed

but im not sure how to get duplex ,speed, ip address , these 3 values
I want to try to get these values for multiple servers at a time with the powershell

Use “select *” instead to see all available properties.

You can provide multiple server names to the command:

Get-WmiObject -Class Win32_NetworkAdapter -ComputerName SERVER1,SERVER2,SERVER3 -Filter "NetConnectionID = 'PWC LAN PORT1'" |
Select-Object -Property *

But IP address is not a property of the NetworkAdapter. It is a property of the NetworkAdapterConfiguration; look up the Win32_NetworkAdapterConfiguration class. That’s because a given adapter can have multiple configurations, each with one or more IP addresses. That is how WMI has always worked; it isn’t related to VBS or PowerShell.

Unless you have a good reason to, don’t pipe to Select-Object like that. You lose access to a lot of functionality and information that way.

Also, apparently the duplex information isn’t exposed by WMI (see Richard’s blog post on the subject here.)

Ignoring duplex mode for now, here’s one way you could output an object containing speed and IP addresses:

$adapter = Get-WmiObject Win32_NetworkAdapter -Filter 'NetConnectionID = "pwc lan port1"'

if ($null -ne $adapter)
{
    $config = $adapter.GetRelated('Win32_NetworkAdapterConfiguration')

New-Object psobject -Property @{
        Speed = $adapter.Speed
        IPAddress = $config.IPAddress
    }
}

Thanks a lot Don and Dave. this really helps a lot.
Im going to test and incorporate them right away

[quote=11484]That’s because a given adapter can have multiple configurations, each with one or more IP addresses. That is how WMI has always worked; it isn’t related to VBS or PowerShell.
[/quote]

That’s a good point, and I didn’t account for that in my sample code. Here’s a version that’s probably going to work better if there are multiple configuration instances for the adapter:

$adapter = Get-WmiObject Win32_NetworkAdapter -Filter 'NetConnectionID = "pwc lan port1"'

if ($null -ne $adapter)
{
    $IPAddress = New-Object System.Collections.ArrayList

foreach ($config in $adapter.GetRelated('Win32_NetworkAdapterConfiguration'))
    {
        $IPAddress.AddRange($config.IPAddress)
    }

New-Object psobject -Property @{
        Speed = $adapter.Speed
        IPAddress = $IPAddress.ToArray()
    }
}