using powershell across domains

Newbie here…

I have a computer in one domain that I am authenticating to (because we were acquired recently and pc changed), but our primary network is our old domain, and I want to run powershell commands against our “old domain” How can I authenticate, login, or run commands on the “old domain” from my “new” computer with a different domain.

For example… my computer is domain x, and logging in with an account from domain x.
but I want to access powershell commands all on domain y , with a different AD account that belongs to domain y.

Thanks so much!!

Here’s an output of the error:
Get-Service : Cannot open Service Control Manager on computer ‘xyz’. This operation might require other privileges
At line:1 char:1

• Get-Service -ComputerName xyz
  •   + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Get-Service], InvalidOperationException
      + FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.InvalidOperationException,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.GetServiceCommand

A lot of PowerShell cmdlets support the use of the -Credential parameter, allowing you to use alternate credentials. There’s also the Invoke-Command cmdlet that you can use with -Credential, and then pass a cmdlet through that if the original cmdlet doesn’t support -Credential. For instance:

Invoke-Command -ComputerName %Server% -Credential domain\user {Get-Service}

Going along with Will’s suggestion, you can determine what cmdlets accept the -Credential parameter by using the Get-Command cmdlet: Get-Command -ParameterName Credential | Sort-Object Name. I have a function in my profile that will prompt me for a password that I can then use to connect to a different domain. I also have a Set-Alias in my profile that helps me avoid typing the whole function name.

Function New-OtherDomainCred {
    $Global:odcred = Get-Credential -UserName 'otherdomain\username' -Message 'Create OtherDomain Credential Object'
}

After running this function, my credential object would be stored in $odcred, so I can use it as the value for the -Credential parameter.