Trouble with Get-Aduser from CSV

Trying to Get-Aduser based on description. I have a csv with a list of serial numbers. These are added to the description field of Ad users. When I run my code nothing returns.
CSV:
Description
5CD50801ZC
98VGJ42
J8TFJ42
6NVFJ42
7PQFJ42
1GTFJ42

Code:
`
$csv = Import-Csv C:\scripting\chromebook1.csv 

foreach ($line in $csv)
{get-aduser -Filter {description -like $line} -SearchBase 'OU=LEADERSHIP,DC=DS,DC=NET'}
`

Two things here: One, the -Like operator requires some wildcards, if you’re planning to look for a string that contains something else. Also, you need to be looking at $line.Description, rather than just $line. Try this:

$csv = Import-Csv C:\scripting\chromebook1.csv 

foreach ($line in $csv)
{
    get-aduser -Filter "description -like '*$($line.Description)*'" -SearchBase 'OU=LEADERSHIP,DC=DS,DC=NET'
}

I’ve changed your -Filter argument from a script block literal to a double-quoted string, based on past experience with the AD cmdlets where sometimes the script block syntax doesn’t work the way you expect it to.

That work, thanks!

Question, why is the “$” required outside of the ($line.description)?

That’s a sub-expression operator, and is what you use in strings when you want to expand something more complex than just a simple variable name. Otherwise, $line would get expanded, and the text “.Description” would become a literal part of the string, which is not what we want.