The network path was not found.

how to solve this problem “Get-EventLog : The network path was not found.”

Well, you would normally start by providing us the complete command that you ran. It’s a little difficult to help you troubleshoot something when we can’t see what you’re doing.

But, generally, it means the computer name you asked Get-EventLog to connect to was either not found on the network, or did not accept the connection.

Can you retrieve event log of windows 8 from windows server 2012 using Windows PowerShell?

how to enable https listener on windows 8?

I am looking at a similar issue. I can remote to the computer but I cannot run this command. I’d like to run this on multiple computers to get a list of specific errors from the last day.

Get-EventLog -LogName application -EntryType error -computername front-01 -Newest 20 -Source ‘Application Hang’
Get-EventLog : The network path was not found.
At line:1 char:1

• Get-EventLog -LogName application -EntryType error -computername fron …
  •   + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Get-EventLog], IOException
      + FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.IO.IOException,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.GetEventLogCommand

PS C:\Users\LICN> etsn front-01
[front-01]: PS C:\Users\licn.BDC\Documents>

Had to use invoke-command,

$sbscomputers = Get-ADComputer -SearchBase ‘OU=SBSComputers,OU=Computers,OU=MyBusiness,DC=bdc,DC=local’ -Filter * | Select-Object -ExpandProperty name
Invoke-Command -ComputerName $sbscomputers -ScriptBlock { Get-EventLog -LogName application -EntryType error -newest 2 -Source ‘Application Hang’}