Test-Path registry keys with overlapping names

Hi there,

I have a strange issue, test-path for a registry key “Name AAA 123” works and it also works for the registry key “Name AAA 123/123”, but only if the first one is not present. If both are present, the key “Name AAA 123/123” cannot be found. The same with Get-Property(Item).

Any idea?

Thanks

Zoran

Hmmm … please be honest: would you be able to understand your question if you had only what you wrote here? :wink:

Please show the complete paths you’re talking about and please show the code you’re using. You should format both as code using the code tag “PRE”. Thanks.

Here it is. There is no code, I simply used Test-Path, Get-ItemProperty and Get-ItemPropertyValue. If “Triple DES 168” key is present, PowerShell cannot read “Triple DES 168/168” key.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\SCHANNEL\Ciphers\Triple DES 168

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\SCHANNEL\Ciphers\Triple DES 168/168

Thanks

Zoran

And Test-Path, Get-ItemProperty and Get-ItemPropertyValue is not code? What is it, what you actually want to achieve?

Get-ChildItem -Path REGISTRY::‘HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\SCHANNEL\Ciphers’ |
ForEach-Object {$_.Name}

Olaf, your cracking me up …

I’m sorry. Did I say something wrong? English is not my native language. So I’m sorry if I have made a mistake.

No mistake at all, I just find your comments to be enlightening. No offense intended at all.

Ah … ok … then … Thanks. :wink: