Strange behavior in Dynamic Distribution groups (DDG)

by acefoster at 2013-04-30 06:54:36

Hi guys. While try to understand how DDG works, I’ve faced with one strange behavior.
Begin from the start. I’m trying to create DDG with next command
New-DynamicDistributionGroup -Name “Test DDG” -alias TestDDG -IncludedRecipients {MailboxUsers} -RecipientContainer “contoso.com/Offices/Some Region/Some Office/user” -OrganizationalUnit "contoso.com/Exchange Mail Groups"
Then trying to check recipients with command
$DynGroup = Get-DynamicDistributionGroup -Identity TestDDG
Get-Recipient -RecipientPreviewFilter $DynGroup.RecipientFilter -OrganizationalUnit $DynGroup.RecipientContainer | ft Name,OrganizationalUnit

or via Preview in Exchange console, ang getting some intersting results. In output I have users that are located in child OUs. Ex. in:
contoso.com/Offices/Some Region/Some Office/user/part-time
contoso.com/Offices/Some Region/Some Office/user/some_OU
etc.
But I didn’t ask Exchange for that! Just to look in certain OU and nothing else. So I made conclusion -RecipientContainer working recursively by default. So I began to investigate with -RecipientFilter parameter to filter and narrow results. As guide I’ve used article http://technet.microsoft.com/library/bb738157(EXCHG.80).aspx
I’ve found that among Common Filterable Properties there is no any property that could filter OU, but there is also exist Advanced Filterable Properties with RecipientContainer property.
But no matter what I’ve tried, I have no result. Examples:
-RecipientFilter {RecipientContainer -eq “contoso.com/Offices/Some Region/Some Office/user”}
-RecipientFilter {((RecipientContainer -neq “contoso.com/Offices/Some Region/Some Office/user”) -and (RecipientContainer -neq “contoso.com/Offices/Some Region/Some Office/some_OU”))}
-RecipientFilter {(RecipientContainer -like “*user”)}

and other else
Could you please point me, what am I missing. Thanks!
by lopyeg at 2013-05-01 01:23:36
Hello.
The same issue raised.
Could anybody help, please?

Thanks