Start-Job question

Hi,

I’m running several scripts on the AD on prem server and also need to execute a script on our Azure ADServer, the last script can only run after the sync interval of 30 min.

there are in my limited opinion two ways to tackle this

1 run script 1 and 2 then put a sleep for 1 hour and then continue with the Azure AD part.

if I go along this path can I run this particular script asjob and does this job needs to be retrieved after 1 hour?
Or use the output [pre]Get-MsolCompanyInformation | select lastdirsynctime[/pre] and than start the script that runs on Azure AD
with the last option I noticed that the last sync is done on 05/05/2020 05h19 while my local time is 07h19
is there a way to continue with the Azure ad script after last sync + minimal 30 min?

I’m able to get time adjusted so that it matches the time on the server with this
[pre]Get-MsolCompanyInformation | select lastdirsynctime
$h = (Get-Date).AddHours(-2).ToString(“dd/MM/yyyy HH:mm:ss”)

[/pre]
my question is now how do I substract $h from lastdirsynctime?

$LastSync = Get-MsolCompanyInformation | select lastdirsynctime
$DateTime = (Get-Date).AddHours(-2)

$TimeSpan = $LastSync - $DateTime

Not sure if that’s really what you are looking for though.

I haven’t had to do something like this before (scheduling tasks on AzureAD from a local source at a dynamic time), however you might look into Azure Runbooks and Automation. I’d assume it would be possible to kick off a Runbook at a specific time.

thanks
this is what I was looking for