Search and extract ad group attributes

Hi there i am needing some assistance to create a PSS search using an AD group name and extract an AD group attribute called “info” AKA notes in an AD group.

Michael,
G’day and Welcome to the forum. :wave:t3:

What kind of assistance do you need?

This forum is for scripting questions rather than script requests. We do not write customized and ready to use scripts or solutions on request.

We actually expect you to make an own attempt at the first place to get your task done or to solve your problem. If you have done so already please document here what exactly you have done and show your code. Then we probably might be able to help you step further.

In the vast majority of the cases you’re not the very first one with a given task. So it is very likely that there are already examples for code snippets or even complete scripts or modules out there you can use right away or at least adapt top your particular needs with little to now efforts.

1 Like

Thanks Olaf. Im just trying to find the powershell command to look up an AD group and a certain attribute entry
I have try to follow the learning site from microsoft but unfortunately im new to this.

For examples Im try to search for an AD group using the command Get-ADGroup -Filter 'GroupCategory -eq "Security an examples. I know im missing something

When you post code, sample data, console output or error messages please format it as code using the preformatted text button ( </> ). Simply place your cursor on an empty line, click the button and paste your code.

Thanks in advance

How to format code in PowerShell.org 1 <---- Click :point_up_2:t4: :wink:

( !! Sometimes the preformatted text button hides behind the settings gear symbol. :wink: )

What happens or what does not happen when you run your code? What would you expect as output? Do you actually know the name of the group you’re looking for?

You should always read the help for the cmdlets you’re about to use COMPLETELY INCLUDING THE EXAMPLES to learn how to use them.

A general tip: There are a few basic cmdlets you should learn as a beginner. For example:

and

1 Like