Retrying a command in a function

Hi,
I have written an automation script for processing some data for a custom application. I have been running into issues from time to time when the process will time out because it is not able to contact the DB for some reason or another. I have found that just rerunning the script tends to resolve the issue. So I wanted to implement a retry into the function. There is one line of code that makes a call to the data ingestion application. I then look for an exit code of 0. If I do not get an exit code of 0 I want to have the script wait 5 minutes then retry calling the application to ingest the data. Here is a sample of my code in the function.

D:\Programs\Application1\Appfolder\appfolder\appfilder\app.sh $TID
	if($lastexitcode -ne 0)
		{
		Log-Write -LogPath $sLogFile -LineValue "DATA Processing Failed $LastExitCode [$([DateTime]::Now)]"
		Log-Finish -LogPath $sLogFile -NoExit $True
		Start-Sleep -s 10
		# Zip ETL Logs
		$env:DProgramFiles = "D:\Program Files"
		set-alias sz "$env:DProgramFiles\7-Zip\7z.exe" 
		$Source2 = Get-ChildItem -Path $DEXLogs\* -Include *.log , *.txt | % { $_.FullName }
		$Target2 = "$DEXLogs\$ItemProcessingDate.DATA.Log.zip"
		sz a -mx=9 $Target2 $Source2
		# Setup and send failure email
		$emailBody = (Get-Content $sLogPath\$ItemProcessingDate.Processing.log | out-string)
		$attachment = "$DATALogs\$ItemProcessingDate.DATA.Log.zip"
		Send-MailMessage -To $EmailTo -From $EmailFrom -Subject $EmailSubjectFailure -Body $emailBody -SmtpServer $emailSmtpServer -Attachments $attachment
		Remove-Item $attachment
		#Log-Email -LogPath $EmailLogPath -EmailFrom $EmailFrom -EmailTo $EmailTo -EmailSubject $EmailSubjectFailure
		Exit 12
		}
        else
        {
		Log-Write -LogPath $sLogFile -LineValue "DATA Processing Completed [$([DateTime]::Now)]"
		}

it is simple enough to use the exit code to do the retry. Ideally you would want to move to a try catch error logic but if the app does not return a error this is an option

if($lastexitcode -ne 0){
    Log-Write -LogPath $sLogFile -LineValue "DATA Processing Failed $LastExitCode Will retry in 5 mins [$([DateTime]::Now)]"
    Start-Sleep -Seconds 300
    if($lastexitcode -ne 0){
        Log-Write -LogPath $sLogFile -LineValue "DATA Processing Retry Failed  $LastExitCode [$([DateTime]::Now)]"
        Log-Finish -LogPath $sLogFile -NoExit $True
        Start-Sleep -s 10
        # Zip ETL Logs
        $env:DProgramFiles = "D:\Program Files"
        set-alias sz "$env:DProgramFiles\7-Zip\7z.exe"
        $Source2 = Get-ChildItem -Path $DEXLogs\* -Include *.log , *.txt | % { $_.FullName }
        $Target2 = "$DEXLogs\$ItemProcessingDate.DATA.Log.zip"
        sz a -mx=9 $Target2 $Source2
        # Setup and send failure email
        $emailBody = (Get-Content $sLogPath\$ItemProcessingDate.Processing.log | out-string)
        $attachment = "$DATALogs\$ItemProcessingDate.DATA.Log.zip"
        Send-MailMessage -To $EmailTo -From $EmailFrom -Subject $EmailSubjectFailure -Body $emailBody -SmtpServer $emailSmtpServer -Attachments $attachment
        Remove-Item $attachment
        #Log-Email -LogPath $EmailLogPath -EmailFrom $EmailFrom -EmailTo $EmailTo -EmailSubject $EmailSubjectFailure
        Exit 12
    }else{
        Log-Write -LogPath $sLogFile -LineValue "DATA Processing Completed [$([DateTime]::Now)]"
    }

}else{
}