PSRemoteregistery

I am trying to use the PS Remote Registry module to retrieve the value of a registry item on a series of remote PCs
I have verified that the key exists but the PS cmdlet still returns an error… perhaps I have a syntax error?

PS > get-regvalue -computername 7mjlcx1 -key \software\wow6432node\nbsi\sysdll\termID

get-regvalue : Key '\software\wow6432node\nbsi\sysdll\termID' doesn’t exist.
At line:1 char:1

• get-regvalue -computername 7mjlcx1 -key \software\wow6432node\nbsi\sysdll\termID …
  •   + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Write-Error], WriteErrorException
      + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.WriteErrorException,Get-RegValue

Hi NetAdminTX,

The function should work if you remove the backslash before software and the Remote Registry service is running on the remote computer.

get-regvalue -computername 7mjlcx1 -key software\wow6432node\nbsi\sysdll\termID

Best,
Daniel

Removed backslash - still see in the error
Verified the remote registry service and verified the key exists

PS C:\users\ahollister\desktop\registry_pull> get-regvalue -computername 7mjlcx1 -key software\wow6432node\nbsi\sysdll\t
ermID
get-regvalue : Key 'software\wow6432node\nbsi\sysdll\termID' doesn’t exist.
At line:1 char:1

• get-regvalue -computername 7mjlcx1 -key software\wow6432node\nbsi\sysdll\termID\
  •   + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Write-Error], WriteErrorException
      + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.WriteErrorException,Get-RegValue

PS C:\users\ahollister\desktop\registry_pull> get-service -computername 7mjlcx1 -name RemoteRegistry

Status Name DisplayName

Running RemoteRegistry Remote Registry

PS C:\users\ahollister\desktop\registry_pull>

Thanks for the screenshot. “TermID” is not a key but a value of the “SYSDLL” key. Please test if below returns the correct result.

Get-RegValue -ComputerName 7mjlcx1 -Key SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\NBSI\SYSDLL -Value TermID

that fixed it, Ill make the changes in the script and test it out tomorrow thanks