Powershell with Service Now

Hello everyone

I’m very new to PowerShell - a complete newbie to be honest.

I’d like to use PowerShell to automate some repetitive tasks in an application we use - Service Now.

A quick check in service Now shows we are running the “Jakarta” build.

The first thing i want to try and automate is a change request form. I do a few of these each month and it would be great to have a script that creates them. I appreciate I’d still need to manually enter/change a few details but to have an almost completed change form automated through PowerShell would be amazing.

I found a Service Now Module online but have no idea if it will work.

The first problem I have is that I cannot import the module. My company laptop is set to remotesigned and I cannot change it. I don’t fancy messing around in the registry. My next step then is to try it on a personal PC.

In the mean time, I’d be very grateful if anyone could share some tips or advice on how I can achieve this task.
Would also like to hear if anyone has done this yet?

Thank you

assuming your admin has not locked down you machine too much, you maybe able to use the below to import the modulw

Set-ExecutionPolicy -executionpolicy RemoteSigned -Scope CurrentUser
Install-Module PSServiceNow -Force -scope Currentuser
Import-Module PSServiceNow

Hi Simon

Brilliant - that worked!
Big thanks.

Now I’m staring at the screen wondering how to proceed.

Thanks again!

NP, I don’t have access to ServiceNow anymore, but their website offered quite a bit of help if I remember… Good luck

Thanks again - Ill have a look and see if they have anything helpful for what I want to achieve.