Powershell Quiz questions

Hi Everyone,

I’m looking to brush up my powershell skills (or lack of) by doing some Powershell quiz questions. Can anyone recommend some good sites or resources?

Thanks,

Paul

Hi Paul,

I’d take a moment to do a search on the internet, there’s probably a ton of places out there that already recommend things :slight_smile:

Depends really on what you’re looking to get out of it…

Not a quiz persay, but PS Koans is probably as good as any: vexx32/PSKoans: A simple, fun, and interactive way to learn the PowerShell language through Pester unit testing. (github.com)

Microsoft Learn I think has some resources, though it might be more specific to certain things.

Powershell in a month of lunches book is pretty good as well.

Reddit /r/powershell already curated a list of things: (1) beginners - PowerShell (reddit.com)

and of course there are a ton of MS docs that explain stuff.

So tons of stuff, just go out and try stuff :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks @dotnVo - yeah - I was specifically looking at testing my current knowledge with practice certification type questions covering basics, use of pwsh in Azure etc. As you say there are a ton of sites offering this type of stuff but I wanted to separate the wheat from the chaff and see what other people found valuable.

Btw, I recently did the MVA training courses condiucted by Jason Helmick / Jeff Snover from 2013 and they were epic! There were SOOOO many gaps in my own knowledge that they covered in the videos. (Probably singing to the choir here :grin:)

While not a quiz per say i think the “wargames” from Under the Wire are a great collection of practical exercises.
Underthewire.tech
Even if you end up searching for solutions online some people’s walkthroughs are so good that it’s still educational just to follow along.

Along that same line check out (Code Golf)[https://code.golf]

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion sites @grey0ut - will certainly check them out :+1:

Thanks for sharing that one, I didn’t know about it!