Powershell Filesystemwatcher run batch file on file created

I have done much searching and have found the following code that allows me to log to the console and write to a log file. I am only tracking file creation and deletion.
Upon file creation I would also like to execute a batch file.
The code works fine until I add the line to execute the batch file in the Filecreated action block.
the code to log:

$folder = 'c:\temp' # Enter the root path you want to monitor.
$filter = '*.*'  # You can enter a wildcard filter here.

# In the following line, you can change 'IncludeSubdirectories to $true if required.                          
$fsw = New-Object IO.FileSystemWatcher $folder, $filter -Property @{IncludeSubdirectories = $false;NotifyFilter = [IO.NotifyFilters]'FileName, LastWrite'}

Register-ObjectEvent $fsw Created -SourceIdentifier FileCreated -Action {
$name = $Event.SourceEventArgs.Name
$changeType = $Event.SourceEventArgs.ChangeType
$timeStamp = $Event.TimeGenerated
Write-Host "The file '$name' was $changeType at $timeStamp" -fore green
Out-File -FilePath c:\temp\log\Filelog.txt -Append -InputObject "The file '$name' was $changeType at $timeStamp"}

Register-ObjectEvent $fsw Deleted -SourceIdentifier FileDeleted -Action {
Write-Host "The file '$name' was $changeType at $timeStamp" -fore red
Out-File -FilePath c:\temp\log\Filelog.txt -Append -InputObject "The file '$name' was $changeType at $timeStamp"}

As I said this works fine.
once I add the batch file line which I found in this forum the Filecreated action block does not work.
I don’t get the messages or the batch file does not execute.
If I delete a file that still works.
The code to log and run batch:

$folder = 'c:\temp' # Enter the root path you want to monitor.
$filter = '*.*'  # You can enter a wildcard filter here.

# In the following line, you can change 'IncludeSubdirectories to $true if required.                          
$fsw = New-Object IO.FileSystemWatcher $folder, $filter -Property @{IncludeSubdirectories = $false;NotifyFilter = [IO.NotifyFilters]'FileName, LastWrite'}

Register-ObjectEvent $fsw Created -SourceIdentifier FileCreated -Action {
Write-Host "The file '$name' was $changeType at $timeStamp" -fore green
Out-File -FilePath c:\temp\log\Filelog.txt -Append -InputObject "The file '$name' was $changeType at $timeStamp"
c:\temp\runbatch.bat
}

Register-ObjectEvent $fsw Deleted -SourceIdentifier FileDeleted -Action {
Write-Host "The file '$name' was $changeType at $timeStamp" -fore red

Any help would be appreciated. I am new to Powershell and by no means a script person.
The above code I have found all over the internet but for the life of me I cannot get it to execute the batch file.

The problem is that running a batch file will run Cmd.exe, which winds up being out-of-process for PowerShell. I’m not sure how you’d get that to run in response to a .NET event. Try sticking entirely with PowerShell, if you can, instead of running an external batch file.