Out file to New Line in Text File

Hi guys,

Trying to log the CPU Temp, Usage and date/time to a TXT file - all is well except I cannot get the output to print to a new line. It makes my log unreadable

I added `r`n but this doesn’t make any difference.

function Get-Temperature { $t = Get-WmiObject MSAcpi_ThermalZoneTemperature -Namespace "root/wmi" $returntemp = @()
foreach ($temp in $t.CurrentTemperature)
{

$currentTempKelvin = $temp / 10
$currentTempCelsius = $currentTempKelvin - 273.15

$currentTempFahrenheit = (9/5) * $currentTempCelsius + 32

$returntemp += $currentTempCelsius.ToString() + " C : " + $currentTempFahrenheit.ToString() + " F : " + $currentTempKelvin + "K"  
}
return $returntemp

}

$temp = Get-Temperature
$time = get-date -Format g
$procesor = wmic cpu get loadpercentage

$OFS = “`r`n”
“$processor$temp” + $OFS + “$date” + $OFS | Out-File -Encoding Ascii -append C:\Test.html

#echo $procesor$temp$time c:\test2.html

It’s because you have your file extension set to .html which opens in a web browser. Web Browsers to not do new lines the same way as text files. Set your extension to .txt since it is a text file, and the file will open with a text file editor like notepad.

… and on top of that you have a lot of typos in your code … procesor vs. processor / time vs. date … something like this could be a start for you to play with:

function Get-CPUTemp {
$CurrentTempKelvin = (Get-WmiObject MSAcpi_ThermalZoneTemperature -Namespace “root/wmi”).CurrentTemperature / 10
$currentTempCelsius = $currentTempKelvin – 273.15
$currentTempFahrenheit = (9/5) * $currentTempCelsius + 32
$currentTempCelsius.ToString() + " C / " + $currentTempFahrenheit.ToString() + " F / " + $currentTempKelvin + " K"
}

$temp = Get-CPUTemp
$time = get-date -Format g
$processor = wmic cpu get loadpercentage

$processor,$temp ,$time | Out-File -FilePath C:\Test.txt -Encoding Ascii -Append

And BTW: you don’t need to explicitly add line breaks - out-file does it for you.

Edit: the output of wmic does not look nice - you should try to find something better