New-IISiteBinding

My web developer is trying to run a powershell script that uses the New-IISSiteBinding cmdlet. He is running it on a Windows 2016 web server running PS version 5.1.14 with IISAdministration module version 1.0.0.0 which does NOT have teh New-IISiteBinding cmdlet available. This seems to availalbe on Windows 19 PS version 5.1.17 with IISAdminsitration module version 1.1.0.0.

Is it possible to upgrade the IISAdministration module on Windows 2016 to 1.1.0.0?

I try to and run update-module IISADministration but receive the following error

S C:\Users\administrator.TECHPRO> Update-Module IISAdministration
pdate-Module : Module 'IISAdministration' was not installed by using Install-Module, so it cannot be updated.
t line:1 char:1
 Update-Module IISAdministration
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
   + CategoryInfo          : InvalidOperation: (IISAdministration:String) [Write-Error], WriteErrorException
   + FullyQualifiedErrorId : ModuleNotInstalledUsingInstallModuleCmdlet,Update-Module

However, when I run get-module, the module is in fact there. Can I accomplish what I am trying to do with Windows 2016?

PS C:\Users\administrator.TECHPRO> get-module

ModuleType Version Name ExportedCommands

Manifest 3.1.0.0 Microsoft.PowerShell.Management {Add-Computer, Add-Content, Checkpoint-Computer, Clear-Con…
Manifest 3.1.0.0 Microsoft.PowerShell.Utility {Add-Member, Add-Type, Clear-Variable, Compare-Object…}
Binary 1.0.0.1 PackageManagement {Find-Package, Find-PackageProvider, Get-Package, Get-Pack…
Script 1.0.0.1 PowerShellGet {Find-Command, Find-DscResource, Find-Module, Find-RoleCap…
Script 1.2 PSReadline {Get-PSReadlineKeyHandler, Get-PSReadlineOption, Remove-PS…

The error message is pretty explicit “.... was not installed by using Install-Module....”.
Did you try to install the module using Install-Module?

Yes I did, however I discovered there was a GPO in place. Language mode was also constrained. Removed policies and updated module.

P.S. Do you know why Powershell.org is no longer active as a fully interactive site? I can’t seem to login to Powershell.org but can only access the forums link.

Prasoon actually answered already to your question