Need some help with PS scripts

Hi,

I’m need some help with creating PS script, what I need is PS that creates bulk OU, Group, User in my AD.

I have been trying it all morning to get this done, I get close but it fails.

I want to import all from one CSV file.

Did you have a question? We’re not able to write an entire script for you.

Break what you are doing into steps, one-liners

• create OU's
  • create groups
  • create users
  • add user to groups
  • etc..

then put into a function.

Do this one at time using the Windows Server Active Directory Administrative Center. It will writ eth code for you to tweak later for bulk operations.

Thank you D.J. & postanote.

Here is my existing script

Import-Module ActiveDirectory
Import-Csv “C:\Users-Imported\NewUsers100.csv” | ForEach-Object {
$userPrincinpal = $.“samAccountName” + “@TestDomain.Local
New-ADUser -Name $
.Name `
-Path $.“ParentOU” `
-SamAccountName $
.“samAccountName” `
-UserPrincipalName $userPrincinpal `
-AccountPassword (ConvertTo-SecureString “MyPassword123” -AsPlainText -Force) `
-ChangePasswordAtLogon $true `
-Enabled $true
Add-ADGroupMember “Remote Desktop Users” $_.“samAccountName”;
}

==============================================================================================

Here is my file:
GivenName,Surname,DisplayName,Name,samAccountName,ParentOU,NewOU
Bim,bayle,bim byle,Byle Bim,bbim,“OU=Enterprise Administration,DC=pmo,DC=cloud,DC=com”,OU=testou
Kim,Kayle,Kim Kyle,Kyle Kim,kkim,“OU=Enterprise Administration,DC=pmo,DC=cloud,DC=com”,OU=testou1
Jim,Jayle,Jim Jayle,Jim Jayle,jjayle,“OU=Enterprise Administration,DC=pmo,DC=cloud,DC=com”,OU=testou2
Tim,Tayle,Tim Tayle,Tim Tayle,ttayle,“OU=Enterprise Administration,DC=pmo,DC=cloud,DC=com”,OU=existingOU

===========================================================================================================

It fails since I don’t have “testou, testou1, testou2” created and I know that I need to use New-ADOrganizational Unit but not sure what is the best way to do it and to omit “existingOU”

I would probably recommend splitting these tasks – get a list of the OUs you plan on creating, create them, then create your users. Trying to do it all at once seems more likely to give you a headache when you could be making it a good bit easier on yourself. :slight_smile:

You could even automate that step (getting the OU list you want) if your file is big enough, but you’ll need a way to exclude the existing OUs, maybe…

Something like…

$NewOUList = Import-Csv -Path 'C:\Path\To\File.csv' |
    Select-Object -Property ParentOU, NewOU |
    ForEach-Object {
        $_.NewOU, $_.ParentOU -join ','
    }
# Use $NewOUList to make each OU here