Mulitpe azure vm bitlocker info

Hi guys,

We have got allot of windows 10 VMs in azure and some are encrypted and some not.

To check this out, I found this powershell line:

Get-BitlockerVolume -MountPoint "C:" | Select ProtectionStatus

But i have to do this on the win 10 itself

How can i check it for mulipte host which i have got in a txt file.

Thanks!

You can get all the server names in an array then use Invoke-Command against the array of computers, and use the above code inside the scriptblock. I would suggest you to try this. You would use Get-Content and Invoke-Command cmdlets.

Thanks @kvprasoon will try this today and let you know if it works.

Hi Kvpasoon,

Struggeling a bit…

Would something like this does the trick?

$Bitlocker= Invoke-Command -ComputerName (Get-Content AzureVms.txt) -ScriptBlock {Get-BitlockerVolume -MountPoint "C:" | Select ProtectionStatus}

[quote quote=137375]Hi Kvpasoon,
Would something like this does the trick?[/quote]
What could happen when you just try it? :wink:

Fair Enough :wink:

I get an error about WinRM needs to open ports.

Connecting to remote server xxxxx failed with the following error message : WinRM cannot complete the operation. Verify that the specified computer name is valid, that the computer is accessible over the network, and that a
firewall exception for the WinRM service is enabled and allows access from this computer. By default, the WinRM firewall exception for public profiles limits access to remote computers within the same local subnet. For more information, see the
about_Remote_Troubleshooting Help topic.

Can somebody tell me how secure it is to open this for on 200 vms?

Does the amount of machines make a difference? :wink:
It depends pretty much on your or your companies needs. You should do your own research. You might start with something from this:

PowerShell Remoting Security Considerations

Increase PowerShell remoting security with two simple techniques

does enabling psremoting have any security risks

Regardless of all that: do you have another chance to accomplish your task in an decent amount of time? :wink:

Thanks for the information Olaf.

haha no there is not another chang to do it that quickly :wink:

But when i request somehting like this i hear the security guys already telling me please dont. But with you links i can give them a good story.

Thanks

Pauljan.