Module Manifest Help

I have created a module that requires the sqlps module in order to work. The module I have created is a module manifest. Within the module manifest i have the following line NestedModules = @(‘sqlps’, DatabaseDeployment’, ‘etc’). This loads the sqlps module before loading the DatabaseDeployment module etc. I have a couple of questions.

Is there a way to load the sqlps module with disable name checking enabled but keeping the sqlps module local to my modules scope.
Is there a way of executing code to initialize the environment after the modules have loaded. ScriptsToProcess seems to execute prior to loading the modules. I want to do this to change the PSDrive.
Is there a way to include all of the functions, cmdlets etc for export excluding the sqlps ones. I don’t want to expose sqlps I just want to consume it. Currently i am using FunctionsToExport = ‘*’.

Thanks in advance

Is there a way to load the sqlps module with disable name checking enabled but keeping the sqlps module local to my modules scope.

• You could load the module from within your script module. That’d give you the ability to only export the commands you want - which can exclude anything in sqlps. Or, you can accomplish the same thing in the manifest, if you prefer.

Is there a way of executing code to initialize the environment after the modules have loaded. ScriptsToProcess seems to execute prior to loading the modules. I want to do this to change the PSDrive.

• Any code in the root module that isn’t in a function will run with the module loads.

Is there a way to include all of the functions, cmdlets etc for export excluding the sqlps ones. I don’t want to expose sqlps I just want to consume it. Currently i am using FunctionsToExport = ‘*’.

• Change FunctionsToExport to include only yours. If you were smart and put a noun prefix on yours, then you can use a partial wildcard.

Don thanks for taking the time to answer my question, everything worked as you suggested. I think that I will leave the sqlps import where it is, otherwise remove-module MyModule will not remove sqlps as it will have been defined outside of the scope of the module. Or at least that is my understanding.

Thanks once again