Method "NewTriggerByOnce" not found, TaskScheduler

Hello! Iam pretty new in Powershell and sorry for my lousy English.

Iam trying to add a task in Task Scheduler throu Powershell, here is the Code so far.

$Action = New-ScheduledTaskAction -Execute "C:\BackupScript\CopyFiles.ps1"
$Trigger = New-ScheduledTaskTrigger -Daily -At '11AM'
$Principal = New-ScheduledTaskPrincipal -UserId $env:username -RunLevel Highest
$Settings  = New-ScheduledTaskSettingsSet -RunOnlyIfNetworkAvailable -WakeToRun
$Task = New-ScheduledTask -Action $Action -Trigger $Trigger -Principal $Principal -Settings $Settings
$Task | Register-ScheduledTask -TaskName 'AndreasBackup'

When running the cmdlet New-ScheduledTaskTrigger (Line 2), I get the following error:

"New-ScheduledTaskTrigger : Method “NewTriggerByDaily” not found
At line:2 char:12

• $Trigger = New-ScheduledTaskTrigger -Daily -At ‘11AM’
  •        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (PS_ScheduledTask:Root/Microsoft/…S_ScheduledTask) [New-ScheduledTaskTrigger], CimExc
      eption
    • FullyQualifiedErrorId : HRESULT 0x80041002,New-ScheduledTaskTrigger"

No matter how I try, I can’t get that cmdlet to work… Not even with the examples from https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj649821(v=wps.630).aspx

Iam running PS version 5, build 10586 on my Windows 10 machine.

Any ideas?

It sounds like something is screwed up on your machine, because I’m not able to reproduce the error. Unfortunately, I’m not sure what to look for, here. Do you have another machine you can test on?

I have the same issue. it seems to be only machines that were upgraded from 8.1 to win10 then upgraded to 1511. (every machine I have)
a fresh install of 1511 does not have the issue.

Hello, and sorry for the late answer… I have been testing on some other Windows 10 machines aswell, but still unable to run the script.

Instead I used the new set of cmdlets released in Powershell version 5. Now It looks something like this:

$Trigger = New-JobTrigger -Daily -At 1:21PM
$Options = New-ScheduledJobOption -WakeToRun -RequireNetwork
 Register-ScheduledJob -Name "AndreasJob" {C:\BackupScript\CopyFiles.ps1} -Trigger $trigger -ScheduledJobOption $options

Here is the link to what’s new in Powershell Version 5.
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh857339.aspx

I had a similar problem with New-ScheduledTaskTrigger -Daily giving the error “NewTriggerByDaily” not found. Some more Googling found a thread on windowsserver.uservoice.com with the answer:

PS C:\> mofcomp C:\Windows\System32\wbem\SchedProv.mof

New-ScheduledTaskTrigger now works correctly.