Learn Powershell In Month of Lunches

Hi,

Right now I am reading the book “Learn Windows Powershell In A Month Of Lunches” authored by Don Jones and Jeffery D. Hicks. Frankly, I was a newbie to powershell till last month. I completed first 15 chapters of this book, did all the labs the authors recommend, I am very glad to say, the way I do my work at office is slowly transforming from GUI based tools to powershell methods. I mostly working on Microsoft technologies such as windows servers, Exchange server, System Center Products, Office 365 and Azure, and all these products can be managed through powershell. Till last month, most the powershell scripts I saw online were kind of puzzle to me but right now I could decipher it and I started writing small (mostly one-line ) scripts. I am highly recommending this book to all newcomers in the powershell world. I am glad to collaborate with people who reads this book to share their experience and we can discuss about the ideas and techniques we learned from this amazing work of Jones and Hicks.

Cheers.

Thank you so much!

Hi Jones,

I bought ‘Learn PowerShell Scripting in a Month of Lunches’ from Manning today. I will start reading it after I complete the ‘Learn Windows PowerShell in a Month of Lunches’. Thanks for the amazing work. Keep going.

Cheers…

Hi,

I am currently on page 239 of that book and I could not agree more with your assessment about it. In the past, I’ve been given tasks to complete where I would use Powershell to make my job easier. The difference this book is making for me is that I no longer need to research to find the proper code. I’ve been able to write my own lines of code using the techniques covered in the book.

I have read Part 1 the chinese version of bestselling Learn Windows PowerShell in a Month of Lunches,And then read Part 2 PowerShell Scripting in a Month of Lunches on safaribooksonline.com.I have a deep understanding of how PowerShell works,helping me make better script design decisions.

Thanks for the amazing work of Don Jones and Jeffery Hicks.

About Part 3 The PowerShell Scripting and Toolmaking book,when will it be published?May I get the PDF version?