Invoke-Command with multiple parameters

This command works for me

Invoke-Command {param($Param1) C:\test.ps1 -Param1 $Param1 } -ArgumentList $MyParam1

When I add a new integer parameter to my test.ps1 file, I cannot get it to work. I tried this

Invoke-Command {param($Param1, $intParam) C:\test.ps1 -Param1 $Param1 -intParam $intParam } -ArgumentList $MyParam1, 1

What is the correct syntax for this?

Looks right, according to the help for the -ArgumentList parameter.

Starting with Powershell version 3, you can also pass local variables by prefacing them with using: . See Example 9.

Invoke-Command
https://technet.microsoft.com/library/906b4b41-7da8-4330-9363-e7164e5e6970(v=wps.630).aspx

It does not throw an error but it’s not passing the integer parameter. I verified by writing to a file both parameters.

As Nathan said. You should just be able to do this:

$x = 'Hello'
Invoke-Command -Computername Blah { Write-Host $using:x } 

after PowerShell 3.0 its very simple with $using:. You may need to link some of the code you are working with if you are still having trouble.

Hi Kahlan,

Can you try this and let me know if it works? Check the text file created.

#requires -Version 2
$argList = @{
    Param1   = 'whatever that is'
    intParam = 1
}

Invoke-Command -ComputerName myserver -ScriptBlock {
    param($argList) 
   $argList | out-file -Path c:\windows\temp\myvariables.txt
    C:\test.ps1 -Param1 $argList.Param1 -intParam $argList.intParam
} -ArgumentList $argList

It’s still not working as expected. The content of the myvariables.txt is fine.
Name Value

ProfileTokens whatever that is
TaskID 1

But in the PowerShell script file I’m trying to execute, the integer parameter is treated as part of the first parameter as I observed when I printed the values of both parameters. By the way, this is the content of the PS file I’m trying to execute:

param($ProfileTokens, $TaskID)

Function Main ($ProfileTokens, $TaskID)
{
–printing the values of the parameters
}

Main $ProfileTokens, $TaskID

I found the culprit, it’s the comma inside my PS file which calls the main function. Whew! Thanks for your help!

I do have a follow up though on this. How can I specify a variable inside a script block? it seems like it does not properly expand the variables. If I specify

$Tokens = @{}
#Tokens is a dictionary, add values here

$argList = @{
ProfileTokens = $Tokens
TaskID = 1
}
Invoke-Command -ScriptBlock {param($argList)
C:\Test.ps1 -ProfileTokens $argList.ProfileTokens -TaskID $argList.TaskID
} -ArgumentList $argList

This results to $argList.ProfileTokens to be passed to the PS file as null.

Just do a simple test:

PS C:\Users\Rob> $test = {}

PS C:\Users\Rob> $test.GetType()

IsPublic IsSerial Name                                     BaseType                                                                                                                                      
-------- -------- ----                                     --------                                                                                                                                      
True     True     ScriptBlock                              System.Object                                                                                                                        

So, you’re basically making the Invoke-Command a scriptblock. Try specifying the arguments in the scriptblock with using:

I’m not sure I understand. Could you give the sample script?
I also don’t see $using: in the intellisense and it results to an error if I use it. I think I read somewhere that it only works if executed in a remote machine. I’m doing this and invoking the command on a local machine