Installing PowerShell DNS functionality

I’m currently working on a customer site with a Server 2012r2 server. I’ve been doing a variety of scripting. When I started to use some of the Active Directory commandlets I had to install the AD commandlet functionality (services). I’m switching to do some work manipulating DNS records and apparently I need to install the DNS functionality also. I found instructions to install the AD functionality but can’t find the same for DNS functionality.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

Install-WindowsFeature RSAT-DNS-Server

You can find most of these if you run Get-WindowsFeature, and look for the ones in the tree under RSAT (Remote Server Administration Tools). In some cases, the PowerShell modules are listed separately, and in some cases (such as this), they’re installed in the same feature as the GUI components.

Thanks Dave. That’s what I was looking for. The Microsoft docs don’t do a good job of tying together what has to be installed to access what functionality (at least what I have been able to find). The error message that PowerShell displays is generic so a Google search didn’t turn up what I needed.