How would I set a form to always be on top?

by willsteele at 2012-08-22 11:36:29

I know there are utilities one can use to set a given application so it always appears as the topmost form on the desktop for a given session. I am trying to find: 1) a PowerShell way to set this and 2) a PowerShell way to remove this "Always on top" status for a given application. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
by poshoholic at 2012-08-22 12:06:46
If you want your form topmost on the desktop, you should review this article on StackOverflow. Careful though, as an end user, I find windows that are topmost above all others to be pretty annoying unless they are about serious system issues like failing hard drives, viruses, or something else that requires my immediate attention.

You can also create forms with PowerShell that are modal (top-most) to the window from which they were called. Using these windows, you can’t click on the parent window behind them and bring it to the foreground. And to create these, establishing a parent/child relationship is the key. If this is what you need to do, let me know, I have the script for it.