How to Reformat PS Script to Output to CSV

Hello everyone, I have been running a maintenance script for the last few months to pull CPU and Memory data from each of our 57 servers, then output the info to a txt file. A few weeks ago, I was asked to create a spreadsheet to track the differences from day to day. This is getting annoying, because I now have to type all that info into a spreadsheet. So, what I’d like to do is modify my script to output the data into a csv, so I can just copy/paste into my daily log. Here are a few examples of what I am requesting:

Current Output (.txt):
ComputerName : Server_1
CPU_Percent_Used : 6
MEM_Available_MBytes : 15239
MEM_Percent_Commited_Bytes : 18
MEM_Committed_MBytes : 9308

ComputerName : Server_2
CPU_Percent_Used : 0
MEM_Available_MBytes : 14738
MEM_Percent_Commited_Bytes : 13
MEM_Committed_MBytes : 5567

ComputerName : Server_3
CPU_Percent_Used : 5
MEM_Available_MBytes : 3189
MEM_Percent_Commited_Bytes : 28
MEM_Committed_MBytes : 4691.5

The Output I would like to see (.csv)
ComputerName CPU_Percent_Used MEM_Available_MBytes MEM_Percent_Commited_Bytes MEM_Commited_Mbytes Status
Server_1 6 15239 18 9308 Success
Server_2 0 14738 13 5567 Success
Server_3 5 3189 28 4691.5 Success

And, here is my script:

$servers = Get-Content .\server_list.txt
$outputFileName = "..\..\scriptOutputFiles\get_CPU_MEM_output_v3_$(get-date -f yyyy-MM-dd).txt"
$errorString = "NO DATA"

$results = foreach($server in $servers)
{
    if (!(Test-Connection $server -quiet))
    {
        $data = [ordered]@{
            "ComputerName"               = $server
            "CPU_Percent_Used"           = $errorString
            "MEM_Available_MBytes"       = $errorString
            "MEM_Percent_Commited_Bytes" = $errorString
            "MEM_Committed_MBytes"       = $errorString
            "Status"                     = "***************  Problem connecting to $server!  ***************"
        }
    }
    else
    {
        $perfProc = Get-WmiObject -ComputerName $server -Class Win32_PerfFormattedData_PerfOS_Processor | 
        Select -Property @{Name="Proc#"; Expression = {($_.Name)}},
                         @{Name="Percent_Used"; Expression = {($_.PercentProcessorTime)}},
                         @{Name="Percent_Idle"; Expression = {($_.PercentIdleTime)}}

$perfOS = Get-WmiObject -ComputerName $server -Class Win32_PerfFormattedData_PerfOS_Memory | 
        Select -Property @{Name="Percent_Commited_Bytes"; Expression = {($_.PercentCommittedBytesInUse)}},
                         @{Name="Available_MBytes"; Expression = {($_.AvailableMBytes)}},
                         @{Name="Committed_MBytes"; Expression = {[Math]::Round($_.CommittedBytes/1mb, 1)}}

$data = [ordered]@{
            "ComputerName"               = $server
            "CPU_Percent_Used"           = $perfProc.Get(0).Percent_Used
            "MEM_Available_MBytes"       = $perfOS.Available_MBytes
            "MEM_Percent_Commited_Bytes" = $perfOS.Percent_Commited_Bytes
            "MEM_Committed_MBytes"       = $perfOS.Committed_MBytes
            "Status"                     = "Success"
        }
    }

New-Object -TypeName PSObject -Property $data
}

$results | Out-File $outputFileName

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Phil

My suggested output did not save properly when I submitted my post, but I think you should be able to get the basic idea on what I’m looking for.

Change your output filename and last line to export csv. If your results contains array properties, you may have to use ‘Out-String’ or ‘-join’ operator to have those display correctly in your spreadsheet.

$outputFileName = "..\..\scriptOutputFiles\get_CPU_MEM_output_v3_$(get-date -f yyyy-MM-dd).csv"
$results | export-csv $outputFileName -NoTypeInformation

Try using the command Export-Csv to send your output to a file. Also have a look at the ConvertFrom-CSV cmdlet as well.

I’ll give that a shot, thank you!