How to get a list of users logged to a computer in the past 2 weeks?

Hi there,

Our CEO asked me to get him a list of all users logged into his computer in the past 2 weeks while he’s on vacation!
He believes that someone logged into his computer.

I’m new to PS. I know only how to get current logged user.
Get-WmiObject -class win32_Computersystem -Property Username -ComputerName localhost

I found some scripts online, but doesn’t work! also I can find some scripts that can show only last day! tried to manipulate the script to get info from (start date - last date) but didn’t work! I’m pretty sure there’s a cmdlet for this.

Appreciate your help!

Thanks

Why don’t you show what you’ve tried so far and we will be pleased to help you if we can. To post code here in the forum you should format it as code like explained in this post: How to Format Code in the Forums

I found this cmdlet, it works, but doesn’t show the username :frowning:

Get-EventLog System -Source Microsoft-Windows-WinLogon -After (Get-Date).AddDays(-15) -ComputerName localhost

If you did a little more searching “Powershell Microsoft-Windows-WinLogon”, you’ll get results for how to dive deeper and get the username. I found this thread and updated the function:

function Get-LogonHistory {
    [CmdLetBinding()]
    Param (
        [string]$ComputerName = $env:COMPUTERNAME,
        [int]$Days = 10
    )
    begin{}
    process{

Write-Verbose "Gathering Event Logs, this can take awhile..."

$params = @{
            LogName = "System"
            Source = "Microsoft-Windows-WinLogon"
            After = (Get-Date).AddDays(-$Days)
            ComputerName = $ComputerName
            ErrorAction = "Stop"
        }

try {
            $events = Get-EventLog @params

if ( $events ) {
                Write-Verbose "Completed gathering logs, generating PSObject..."
                $results = foreach ( $event in $events ) { 

switch ( $event.InstanceId ) {
                        7001 { $logonType = "Logon" }
                        7002 { $logonType = "LogOff" }
                        default { $logonType = "Unknown ($_)" }
                    }

New-Object PSObject -Property @{
                        Time         = $event.TimeWritten
                        EventType    = $logonType
                        User         = (New-Object System.Security.Principal.SecurityIdentifier $event.ReplacementStrings[1]).Translate([System.Security.Principal.NTAccount])
                    }
                }
            }
            else {
                Write-Verbose ("No events found on {0} within {1} days" -f $ComputerName, $Days)
            }
        }
        catch {
            Write-Verbose ("There was a problem gathering events on {0}. {1}" -f $ComputerName, $_)
        }
    }
    end {
        $results
    }
}

Get-LogonHistory -Verbose

We added a 1-liner to the global logon script which writes the logon information to a SQL table. We have a webpage which allows you to query the information. It is VERY useful. ***I realize that doesn’t answer the question.

-Kevin