How to add Active Directory module in PowerShell in Windows 10?

I’ve installed Remote Server Administration Tools for Windows 10 Technical Preview (January 2015) but no dice. Anybody knows how to do this? I’m using Win 10 Pro.

Many thanks!

The Windows 10 RTM compatible Remote Server Administration Tools will be released later this month along with Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 3.

Please check out Mike F. Robbins blog post about a possible workaround for you until the RTM compatible tools have been made available.

http://mikefrobbins.com/2015/08/05/using-powershell-for-remote-server-administration-in-windows-10-rtm-without-the-rsat-tools/

Ok, thx!!

This may help you get by until the updated RSAT tools are released: Using PowerShell for Remote Server Administration in Windows 10 RTM without the RSAT tools

(I didn’t realize Daniel had already posted a link to this. Thanks Daniel)
µ

Implicit remoting is one of the great hidden treasures of PowerShell.

I posted a comment on your blog post mike but wanted to post in here to see if any others had comments here.

Without having tried using export-pssession, simply using implicit remoting, I find that I run into issues with deserialization and the cmdlets won’t work well together like piping get-adgroup | get-adgroupmember gives me a type error. Do you encounter similar? Or perhaps it could be due to the fact that my DC is still running v2 PoSh? Another option I haven’t been successful with yet was implicit remoting to another 2012 r2 server that I have with RSAT installed. Last time I tried I encountered issues with delegated credentials. But then I didn’t attempt to resolve that issue yet either… Maybe I have some testing to do and get back…